I feel like my life is existing in lists right now, so I guess it’s appropriate that I’m posting in lists today.
- I have a presentation this morning for a really great client at a management meeting. To 11 men. Should be fun. I’ve had a couple of days to prepare. I did changed my nose ring to a regular stud, you know, don’t want to shock them too much.
- Quinnlin has her first swim meet (for year round swimming) tomorrow. We’re so proud of her. She’s spent the last several weeks swimming a lot, which has really taken a lot of time for her, but she’s done it well. I hope she has a great time and gets the swimming bug like I had when I was young.
- I have a Traveling Champ post up on Build-A-Bear Workshop’s blog and it’s about Japan. How cool is that? I’ve been able to help Champ travel to Canada, Slovenia, Ireland and now Japan. It’s been great writing for them and working with them to bring special needs into focus on their blog. I’ll have a post next week about Quinnlin and her last E.R. visit (with Champerina, of course).
- When I went to get Quinnlin at swimming the other night Gage ate the following: 2 poptarts, 5-8 beef jerky sticks, 2 snack bags of chips, pudding, bagel with cream cheese, yogurt, candy bar and watermelon. First…HUH? Second, GROSS.
- We’re having dinner tonight with Quinnlin’s kidney donor and her family to celebrate their 3 year kidneyversary. I’d highly recommend that if you have a kidney to spare, it’s really terrific to donate it to someone who needs it because I have to say, kidney function is particularly spectacular. Also? We’re not going out. Steak night at home to watch the Braves.
- Jman has been gone all week. We’ve done okay, but have missed him. I bow so much to parents who do it solo a lot or all of the time. I mean it seriously. You’re my heros.
- Quinnlin has visited a school for a day that we’re considering her for to go to in 6th grade. The thought of the kids at 2 different private schools next year is overwhelming me this morning.
- I can’t wait for the election to be over. You like your guy, I like my guy…and it’s still okay to like each other. I don’t have to talk your guy down to pump my guy up. I just like my guy and am free to say that. If my husband and I can live in a happy marriage with one of us on each “side” of the policial arena, you and I can get along. Also? FORWARD.
- Gage is 13 and Quinnlin is 11. I know I hear it goes by fast. I don’t have any idea what you people are talking about. It’s been the longest 13 years of my life. It’s been a journey! Not boring at all.
- I’ve been thinking about those first few months after the kids’ diagnosis of ARPKD and how much people helped me. Memories flooded back to me this week when I was cutting watermelon. I love my friends and family.
- Excited to be speaking at a social media
conference non-conference which really isn’t about sitting up at a speaker table/podium and more about conversations. It’s for Aiming Low, where I’ve been writing for a couple of years (and been able to get to know my friend Anissa, pictured above) Very excited to see some old and new friends.
- Thieves targeting the cars of people in the hospital. Wrong.
- I just got back from the store at 6:15am because I forgot to buy Red Dots and Raisins because Quinnlin’s class is making a “cell” out of food items. Today. I went in my PJs, which, you know, doesn’t bother me at all!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.