- Amy/grrlTravels on Talking about the realities with our kids.
- Mary Evelyn Smith on Spoken in the Mutant Family Household, ER Edition
- Jo-Ann on Spoken in the Mutant Family Household, ER Edition
- MarfMom on Spoken in the Mutant Family Household, ER Edition
- Carol Davis Costin on Surrounded by the love of a public school.
- 365 Days of Kidneys
- A gripe
- Friday Photo Fun
- Gage's liver
- Gage's new kidney adventure
- General Family
- Getting My Craft On.
- Going Mental
- Good behavior doesn't come cheap
- Homespun Therapy
- Kidneys in general
- NaBloPoMo – A post a day!
- Nothing to do with kidneys
- Plugging SfSN site!
- Quinn's new kidney adventure
- Quinnlin's liver
- Raising special needs kids
- Spoken in the Mutant Family
- Story telling
- Tips for parents, families and friends
- What others take for granted
- Working through it.
Author Archives: Julia Roberts
Me: “MRSA can be deadly, you know.” Gage: “Yeah, Quinn, I’ve had that too.” Simultaneously Quinnlin: “WHAT?” and Julian: “Don’t tell her that.” Me: “It’s the truth. It’s not like we can hide those facts Julian, plus we have to tell them … Continue reading
Quinnlin (on the way to the hospital, reaching for lip gloss in my car): “Can I use your lip gloss?” Me: “Of course, but you know we’re on the way to the hospital, right? You probably don’t need lip gloss.” … Continue reading
For the last nine years, we’ve sent Gage and Quinnlin off to our small neighborhood elementary school. This week marks the transition to middle school for our youngest, which means we give up the safe, nurturing environment of that special … Continue reading
I am not sure when I knew I’d get through some hard times with my marriage to Julian intact but I am sure I thought it would be when we said, “Yes” and “I do” in 1994, but it wasn’t. … Continue reading
On Friday I was in an ER room with my son, who now feels fine (I know!), he’s playing a game on his phone and holding a stuffed animal, which is what he does when we’re here. I was thinking … Continue reading
In what can only be described as Not Fair, Gage has decided to cancel his Spring Break Redo trip we had planned for the weekend. Over a month ago during spring break, Gage ended up in the children’s hospital in … Continue reading
Every once in a while I get to write that I’ve written in some other places and today is one of those days. BlogHer - I’m so proud to have a post on BlogHer for their Being a Mother Made Me … Continue reading
Last Friday I traveled to New York and carried my bag off the plane to load them up in the car of a friend who lives there. Michele, co-coordinates the chapter that serves the ARPKD/CHF and Pediatric ADPKD population through the … Continue reading
Sometimes parenting a couple of kids who are immune compromised is something I don’t even think about, not really. Sometimes parenting a couple of kids who are immune compromised punches me in the face, as was the case in the … Continue reading