- Amy/grrlTravels on Talking about the realities with our kids.
- Mary Evelyn Smith on Spoken in the Mutant Family Household, ER Edition
- Jo-Ann on Spoken in the Mutant Family Household, ER Edition
- MarfMom on Spoken in the Mutant Family Household, ER Edition
- Carol Davis Costin on Surrounded by the love of a public school.
- 365 Days of Kidneys
- A gripe
- Friday Photo Fun
- Gage's liver
- Gage's new kidney adventure
- General Family
- Getting My Craft On.
- Going Mental
- Good behavior doesn't come cheap
- Homespun Therapy
- Kidneys in general
- NaBloPoMo – A post a day!
- Nothing to do with kidneys
- Plugging SfSN site!
- Quinn's new kidney adventure
- Quinnlin's liver
- Raising special needs kids
- Spoken in the Mutant Family
- Story telling
- Tips for parents, families and friends
- What others take for granted
- Working through it.
Category Archives: A gripe
In what can only be described as Not Fair, Gage has decided to cancel his Spring Break Redo trip we had planned for the weekend. Over a month ago during spring break, Gage ended up in the children’s hospital in … Continue reading
Yesterday on The Doctors TV program they profiled a family with a 10-month-old with limb differences. It was a wonderful profile of how they found out before birth there could be an issue and when they found out he was … Continue reading
365 Days of Kidneys, Day 97 & 98 A reader of my blog, Abby, has sent me an unbelievable story. A kidney donor has been denied insurance because he only has one kidney. You can read the story in the … Continue reading
I’ve been working on a post for a long time. I wrote about how Gage dropped out of Scouts here, and I’ve touched on Quinnlin’s struggles in her troop. I have a post up at Support for Special Needs about … Continue reading
There are many times that families with special needs kids have to work a system. There are a lot of time constraints placed on our families because of the extra care our kids need. I won’t lie, sometimes we ask … Continue reading
Last night I was going through some photos to put one on the home page of Support for Special Needs and I was searching Quinnlin’s kidney transplant photos. I came across just 2 photos of the day we took Quinnlin … Continue reading
There is a lot of talk going on about the movie The Change Up and their use of the word “retard” and “downsy” and the best post and comments I’ve seen are from my friend, Rob. He’s a brilliant writer … Continue reading
There’s a blog getting some attention because, well, mainly because it’s rude. Too Big For Stroller. It was started by a self-proclaimed “twenty-something,” who likes to take pictures of kids they believe are too old to be pushed, carried or … Continue reading
The post before this one about our situation with Gage’s recent bout of illness brought out this comment: So why didn’t you just put your foot down with your son & get him to the ER on Sunday where he … Continue reading