- Amy/grrlTravels on Talking about the realities with our kids.
- Mary Evelyn Smith on Spoken in the Mutant Family Household, ER Edition
- Jo-Ann on Spoken in the Mutant Family Household, ER Edition
- MarfMom on Spoken in the Mutant Family Household, ER Edition
- Carol Davis Costin on Surrounded by the love of a public school.
- 365 Days of Kidneys
- A gripe
- Friday Photo Fun
- Gage's liver
- Gage's new kidney adventure
- General Family
- Getting My Craft On.
- Going Mental
- Good behavior doesn't come cheap
- Homespun Therapy
- Kidneys in general
- NaBloPoMo – A post a day!
- Nothing to do with kidneys
- Plugging SfSN site!
- Quinn's new kidney adventure
- Quinnlin's liver
- Raising special needs kids
- Spoken in the Mutant Family
- Story telling
- Tips for parents, families and friends
- What others take for granted
- Working through it.
Category Archives: Going Mental
Just over three years ago we got a call from Gage’s school. It wasn’t our typical call, one where we would learn he did something we should be aware of at school, or an update on some school work or … Continue reading
A week ago today we were just existing as normal. Work and school, getting ready for the Christmas. We were worried about our dog, nervous about transplant med changes, and we were obsessing about a certain present on a certain … Continue reading
As with many things in our lives we’re a little gun shy to believe we may be on the upswing. That doesn’t mean that we don’t appreciate the good days. It just means that we are never sure they will … Continue reading
This is the intro to a post I have up today at another site… Nothing can shoot primal fear into the soul a parent like me as a mental health med change in our teenage son can. Nothing. We’re in the … Continue reading
Recently I had to give an entire history on Gage during a consult for a potential doctor. Just a conversation. This sounded fine before I actually did it, you know? “Just share what’s happened in his life,” I told myself. Yet … Continue reading
It’s been over a month or so, maybe longer, since I noticed someone on my blog who has been reading my entire blog since the beginning 8 years ago. That in itself happens a few times a month, but it … Continue reading
You can see Just Me Jen’s full comment here, but here’s an except from a comment on yesterday’s post. I think the other benefit of being online and open is that you do get to connect to people. This sounds … Continue reading
I can’t explain why I knew that when I got to know blogs as a reader I would eventually start one. I’d began reading infertility blogs, not because I was infertile but because I enjoyed the writing . One of … Continue reading
It was four years ago this past May – Mother’s Day to be exact – that my son’s downward spiral began and it was just a tiny little window into the darkness that we would come to know intimately. He … Continue reading